NEWS FROM STUDENT COUNCIL
This holiday season Student Council teamed up with the PTA to collect toys for
Big Brother Big Sisters (BBBS) of Northern Westchester. This organization pairs adult mentors with children in the community who can benefit from the advice and support of adult ...Read the rest of this topic
EASTCHESTER SCHOOLS BOND VOTE
What is the purpose of the bond?
The HS/MS turf field must be replaced (turf fields generally last 8-10 years; our turf field was 11 years old before it was taken out of service). The bond also includes repairs to make the HS/MS building water tight.
Who...Read the rest of this topic
When dropping off your children in the morning for school, please adhere to the following procedure:
1. Pull all the way around the curb to the end of the school the building - this will allow more cars in for drop off
2. Do NOT stop to get out of your car to walk your child to the building - ...Read the rest of this topic
News From Central Office
Family Night with artist Michael Albert
Telephone (914) 793-6130, Ext. 5302
School Day 8:00 AM - 2:27 PM
The Greenvale School provides its students with a variety of motivational learning experiences. The instructional program revolves around the incorporation of the New York State Standards in all curriculum areas. Field trips and cultural arts programs also provide enrichment for our students. The Greenvale faculty and staff are a team of dedicated professionals who help students to achieve academic excellence. They work in concert with our PTA to provide a strong commitment to the students and the educational programs that are offered. In 1993, Greenvale was recognized as a New York State School of Excellence. In 2009, The Greenvale School was recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence. The principal, Mrs. Theresa Sullivan received a plaque and the Blue Ribbon Flag at a ceremony in Washington D.C. The U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan, addressed principals and teachers from across the U.S. and applauded the honored schools for their outstanding achievements and consistent high performance. It is our continued mission to educate the whole child and to help each child to become a life-long learner and a good citizen.
- Average Class Size is typically 22-24
- Balanced Literacy Programs
- Hands-on, Inquiry Based Science Units
- Think Math Program
- Integrated Social Studies Curriculum
- Technology, including Internet Access and SMARTBoards, in all classrooms and library
- Differentiated Instruction
- Art, General Music, Physical Education, and Library classes
- Band, Chorus, and Orchestra
- Developmental Guidance Programs, including Good Touches/Bad Touches, Conflict Resolution, Character Education, Ambassador Club for new students to the school
- Social Skills Program, including Peer Mentoring
- Student Council
- Full Inclusion for disabled students through the Collaborative Program in all grades (Language Arts Support and Reinforcement) and Multi-sensory approaches
- Academic Intervention Services for students who need support
- English as a Second Language program
- Cultural Arts and After School School Clubs
The Greenvale PTA sponsors a well-rounded Cultural Arts program for all students which enhances and enriches the school's instructional program. The PTA also sponsors an After School Clubs program. Offerings have included arts and crafts, tennis, basketball, cartoon art, sewing, sports, chess, origami, cheerleading, cooking, technology and foreign language.
- Character Education Guidance Program
- Read Aloud
- D.A.R.E. program in Grade 5
- Cultural Arts Programs
- Greenvale Night
- Annual Fundraiser event
- Two Annual Book Fairs
- Winter and Spring Concerts
- Artist-in Residence
- Holiday Boutique
- Field Day
- Greenvale PRIDE
Names and telephone numbers for building staff are included in the Greenvale School Directory.
Closings, Dismissals and Delays: Announcements of school closings, early dismissals or delayed openings are made on radio stations WFAS (1230 AM & 103.9 FM), WHUD (100.7 FM), WVOX (1460 AM), WCBS (880 AM), Cablevision Channel 12 as well as the title page of the Eastchester Schools Web Site.